What is this? The MNA Daily NewsScan is a round up the day’s biggest nursing, health care and organized labor stories. As news unfolds in real-time, we update the NewsScan with new links and info, so check back often!
Stories we’re scanning:
- Op/Ed: CEOs, it’s time to take ownership of the problems at your hospitals.
Notes on Nursing
- The Doctor is in the house: Tips to optimize Doctor-Nurse relationships.
- LPN Scope of Practice: MNA has serious concerns for the safety of patients and nurses regarding the Board of Nursing’s proposal to expand the scope of licensed practical nurses.
- Albert Lea RNs Talk About Walks: The Albert Lea Tribune published MNA Nurse Kathleen Lehman’s detailed Letter to the Editor explaining why Albert Lea RNs have been taking to the streets in recent weeks as they fight for a fair contract.
- California Nurses Make Noise: Thousands of California Nurses took to the streets this week as part of a one-day strike for patient safety and the nursing profession. Take a look at some of the highlights below: