What is this?
The MNA Daily NewsScan is our attempt to round up the day’s biggest nursing, healthcare and organized labor stories in one place! As news unfolds in real-time, we’ll update the NewsScan with new links and info, so be sure to check back often!
Stories we’re scanning:
- Show me the money 1: Texas doctors overpaid millions in Medicare bonuses from 2003-2011.
- Show me the money 2: NC hospitals report huge profits, but skimp on charity care for poorest, neediest patients.
- HMO story heats up: State DHS officials called to testify in Washington about the nearly $4 billion question.
- Check’s in the mail: Millions to receive insurance rebates totaling $1.3 billion
- Albert Lea RNs “Walk and Talk”: Albert Lea’s MNA RNs took to the streets yesterday to talk about negotiating a fair contract that keeps community nurses in the community.
- Re-Opening: Michigan nurses ready to help shuttered hospital to unlock the doors again
- Pulling Together: Communication Workers of America unite in solidarity as AT & T talks heat up
- Bitter, but Better: Crystal Sugar in contract deal with Montana workers. ND, MN, IA still in standoff.